This article was published in Rays of Love magazine in August 2005
Apostle Paul says; "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices" 2 Corinthians 2:11. That means through the Holy Spirit and the Word of God we can be aware of the enemies' devices or strategies that He uses against us. There is nothing new about the enemy, he uses the same tricks again and again, but in different forms.
Here below is his common way or pattern of working against God's children.
1. DOUBT: The enemy always puts doubt in our minds, regarding God and His Word. This is the same scheme he used against Eve, when he asked her, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?" Genesis 3:1 (NKJV). God was clear about His instruction but it was the enemy who sowed the seed of doubt and disrupted the plan of God. Therefore, today I want to remind you - never doubt God, never doubt His love for you, and never doubt His Word. Get rid of all confusion that the enemy has put in your mind. Never allow faithless people to influence your life. Only Believe and you will see the Glory of God. God will honor you and bless you when you believe His Word. God passes over millions of people to bless that man or woman who responds to Him and His Word in Faith. So command every doubt to leave your mind in the name of Jesus.
2. DISOBEDIENCE: It is always doubt and unbelief that leads to Disobedience. After Adam and Eve doubted, the next thing they did was they disobeyed God. The enemy always is scared of people who walk in obedience and he will bring situations, which will cause them to disobey God. Therefore, choose to walk in obedience, as obedience is a mighty weapon against the enemy. God said; " Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, …" (Deuteronomy 11:26-28). Remember, obedience will always bring blessings and the grace of god will empower you to obey.
3. DISCOURAGEMENT: After Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they hid themselves from God's presence. Disobedience leads to Discouragement, loneliness, isolation and self-pity. The enemy will try to discourage you, so that he can destroy you, because discouragement is weakness as much as courage is Strength. Therefore, when David's own men wanted to stone him and he was left all alone. It is written … “David encouraged himself in the LORD his God” (1 Samuel 30:6). When nobody is there to encourage us, let us learn to encourage ourselves in the Lord. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man (Psalms 118:8). Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God (Psalms 20:7). Be Bold! Be Strong! For the Lord your God is with you.
4. DEFEAT: If you fail to encourage yourself in the Lord and to get back into your position in Christ and to walk in authority, the fourth weapon the enemy uses against you is Defeat. It's time to get rid of the spirit of discouragement and defeat from you. God has not planned defeat in your lives. You are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus. “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue, which rises against you in judgment, you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me, Says the LORD”. Isaiah 54:17(NKJV).
5. DEATH: If we continue in defeated life then the enemy finally brings us to Destruction and Death. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death James 1:15. The wages of sin is Death. But thank God the Gift of God through Christ Jesus is eternal life.... Romans 6:23. It’s not too late, even now if the enemy has destroyed you completely, you can still rise up....... He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world 1 John 4:4. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you Romans 8:11. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me Micah 7:8. In the Name of JESUS we have the victory! Cheer up! God is in the business of restoring you. You will get back everything that you have lost!
God Bless You!
But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one – 2 Thessalonians 3:3.
S. R. Manohar