This article was published in Rays of Love magazine in October 2005
The nearest thing to God's heart is a family; therefore, the first priority on the devil's list to destroy, is families. Exactly as he destroyed the first family of Adam and Eve. But the Bible says, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
Through JESUS Christ every family is restored and protected. It is God's will that before the coming of Lord Jesus Christ all the families should be restored to their original form i.e., how Adam and Eve were in their love, understanding and walk with God.
So today let us see a few steps that lead families to restoration.
1) JESUS CHRIST should be the Lord of our personal life and the Lord of our families.
"There is salvation in no other One; for there is no other name under Heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12
Therefore God has highly exalted Him (JESUS), and has given Him a name which is above every name, that at the name of JESUS every knee should bow, of heavenly ones, and of earthly ones, and of ones under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father - Philippines 2:9-11
Let JESUS CHRIST rule our lives and families. Let Him be the center of all our activities. For without Him we can do nothing. He is the vine and we are the branches. We need to keep our selves connected with JESUS because He is our life and outside Him there is no life. Through prayer, Bible reading, worship and obeying the Lord we need to abide and stay plugged in Him. We need to teach our every family member to do so. The atmosphere of our house should be charged with the presence of God. Every conversation in the family should glorify JESUS!
2) JESUS told this beautiful parable in Luke 6:47 to 49 – “47As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.” Therefore, if we want our family to stand strong and to be blessed then this is what we need to practice - to 'Hear the Word of God and do it'.
James says, 'Therefore putting aside all filthiness and overflowing of evil, receive in meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves ' James 1:21, 22.
The doers of the word are justified. Once some people came and told JESUS that His mother and brothers were waiting for Him, to which Jesus replied 'For whoever shall do the will of My Father in Heaven, the same is My brother and sister and mother' - Matthew 12:50
We need to become the doers of God's Word - from the eldest to the youngest in the family. Then our foundation will be strong and any adversary will not destroy us but we will come out of it victoriously.
3) It's time that we clean up our house from everything that is unclean and that represents the devil or gives an opening for the enemy. Anything connected with occult, pornography or anything that is demonic, unholy or evil. Paul says; "Give no room to the devil".
In Ephesians, Paul again says, 'For you ought to put off the old man (according to your way of living before) who is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind. And you should put on the new man, who according to God was created in righteousness and true holiness' - Eph. 4:22-24. Therefore, we need to purify ourselves, and lead a clean life. Free from all attachments with the things that get us connected with worldliness. JESUS will not pour His new wine in old bottles.
4) Walk in Wisdom-Proverbs 14:1 says that a wise woman builds her house, but the foolish plucks it down with her hands.
Wisdom is the principal quality. The scripture says that in the most difficult time in David's life, David behaved himself wisely. Several times this is mentioned about him.
'And David went out whithersoever Saul sent him, and behaved himself wisely: and Saul set him over the men of war ' 1 Samuel 18:5.
'And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him.'- 1 Samuel 18:14
'Wherefore when Saul saw that he behaved himself very wisely, he was afraid of him.'- 1 Samuel 18: 15
'Then the princes of the Philistines went forth: and it came to pass, after they went forth, that David behaved himself more wisely than all the servants of Saul; so that his name was much set by.' - 1 Samuel 18:30
When all evil around you is arising to destroy your family, especially in taking your children away from God, ask God to give you wisdom, wisdom to handle every situation. God alone can give you the solution. Wisdom of God is far greater than human problems. Key to receiving wisdom is ASKING.
'But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and with no reproach, and it shall be given to him. ' James 1:5
Walk in the fear of God. Proverbs 9:10 says that 'the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. '
5) Trust in the Holy Spirit. 'Woe to the rebellious sons, says the LORD, who take advice, but not of Me; and who cover with a covering, but not of My Spirit, that they add sin to sin. ' - Isaiah 30: 1
'Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They have bowed down and fallen; but we have risen and stand upright.' - Psalms 20:7,8.
'It is better to trust in the LORD than to trust in man.' Psalms 118:8
These days people have all kinds of insurances for their security. Why not we have the Holy Spirit for our security? Let us be filled and led by the Holy Spirit and we will be safe and secure.
May the Lord help us to apply these principles to our lives and see that our families are protected.
God Bless You!
S. R. Manohar