This article was published in Rays of Love magazine in July 2006
In Genesis 24 we read the wonderful incident about how Abraham sent his servant Eliezer to find a wife for his son Isaac. In this article, we see several things happening but in this message I have chosen to highlight a few things which the people involved just could not wait to do.
1) JUST CAN'T WAIT TO OBEY: As soon as Abraham made his servant Eliezer swear to him concerning the matter immediately the next verse says Gen 24:10 "And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master, and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand: and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia, unto the city of Nahor". Abraham's servant was quick to obey his master. Beloved, the Bible says that obedience is better than sacrifice.Obedience precedes breakthrough. Obedience unlocks blessings. These days God is looking for people who will be quick to obey Him. God said in Deut 28 that all His blessings would come on us and overtake us if we only obeyed His voice. Delayed obedience is equal to disobedience. Therefore, hear the Spirit of God calling you to obey God and yield yourself to Him completely. If God has been asking you to do something- Just Obey!
2) JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SERVE OTHERS: As you all know the story – when Eliezer asked Rebecca for a drink of water to which Rebecca replied Gen 24: 18-20, "Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink. And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have done drinking. And she hasted, and emptied her pitcher into the trough, and ran again unto the well to draw water, and drew for all his camels". The Bible says, "She ran to the well to draw water for him and his camels too". Here you notice that she was much zealous to serve with all her heart joyfully. The Bible says, "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not, As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith". Gal 6:9-10 –
Rebecca never missed her lifetime opportunity. Imagine had she missed - she would have messed up her entire future and missed her destiny. Therefore, you got to recognize every opportunity that comes your way and be open to serve others. It is God who brings people into your life who will cause the breakthrough for you and when you serve them - you will get your blessings. Exactly like Joseph when he served in the prison, he came to the palace. Your service to others is your seed which you are sowing for your future harvest. Rebecca sowed by her humble service in giving water to the camels and you know what she reaped, she became the wife of Isaac (Abraham's son). Don’t ever underestimate the power of servant-hood. If God has been inspiring you to serve somebody then do not hesitate. Mostly good things come in the package that you don't like.
3) JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE THE GOOD NEWS WITH OTHERS: After Eliezer came to know who Rebecca was, he worshipped God for leading him to the right house and gave Rebecca golden earring and two bracelets of gold. The Bible says, "And the damsel ran, and told her mother's house these things," Gen 24:28. Rebecca could not wait to share the good news with the family. No wonder Paul said in Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek". How can we not share with others after having experienced so great a Salvation. We need a fresh passion for the lost and a fresh passion to go out of our way to share the good news of the Kingdom. Jesus said, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" Mt 20:14. We will hasten the coming of Jesus if we do this. Today, God is asking whom shall I send, who will go for us? Like Isaiah let your answer be,"Lord send me here I am". You may not be an eloquent preacher but you can tell others what Jesus has done in your life. Daniel 12:3 - says; "And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever".
4) JUST CAN'T WAIT TO COME TO JESUS: Ge 20:29 "And Rebekah had a brother, and his name was Laban: and Laban ran out unto the man, unto the well". After you share the good news and your experience and when people notice the change in you, they too will run to Jesus for their personal experience with Him. As Laban ran after he heard Rebecca's experience. When you too truly share Jesus with others then the Holy Spirit will work in their lives in such a wonderful way, that they just can't wait to meet Jesus. As Zacchaeus came down in haste and met Jesus and his life was transformed, even as the disciples when they had an encounter with Jesus straight away left their fishing nets and other occupations and followed Jesus, people will come to Jesus. Incase if you have not accepted Jesus then just run to Jesus, accept Him as your Lord. Taste and see that the Lord is good.
5) JUST CAN'T WAIT TO REVEAL THE SECRET: After Eliezer was brought into Rebecca's house, he just could not wait to tell the reason of him being there. Ge 24:33 says, "And there was set meat before him to eat: but he said, I will not eat, until I have told mine errand. And he (Laban) said, Speak on."
He revealed two things:
a. How the Lord had blessed Abraham.
b. Isaac needed a wife.
Today also the Holy Spirit wants to reveal to you these two things. Firstly, all the blessings of Abraham that belong to us through Christ. Secondly how He needs you and wants to prepare you as the Bride of Christ. As you follow the first step of obeying God, the second step of serving others, and the third step of sharing the good news with others, the Holy Spirit, the great revealer just can't wait to reveal secrets to you. This is one of the ways of receiving revelation from the Holy Spirit.
6) JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET MARRIED: After Eliezer narrated the entire purpose of his mission, "And they called Rebecca, and said unto her, Wilt thou go with this man? And she said, I will go" Gen 24:58. Rebecca just could not wait to go and get married to Isaac. This is exactly how our hearts must long for our marriage with the Lamb of God, Son of God Jesus Christ our heavenly Bridegroom. In these days as there is so much of spiritual falling away and distraction everywhere we should develop a fresh desire and longing for Jesus. A longing to be married to the King. David said, "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?" Psalms 42:1-2.
"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary" Psalms 63:1-2. Let me remind you if you are loosing your thirst for God then you are actually backsliding. Don't get so busy in working for God that you come to a place where you have no time and thirst for God Himself. Let not ministry take the place of your thirst, passion and love for Jesus. Like the beloved your song should always be, "My lover is mine and I am His" (Songs of Solomon 2:16). Make this your prayer today, "Lord, give me a longing to long for You, hunger to hunger for You, desire to desire You, thirst to thirst for You". Go after Him with all your heart, for you are His bride. The desire of longing for Him has to come into us by knowing that He longs for us. He is waiting to come and get married to us. He loves us more than we love Him. May the Holy Spirit make this more and more clear to you and unite you with Jesus.
7) JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY: In this entire article, you see again and again how that Abraham's servant Eliezer bowed before God and worshipped Him. Gen 24:26-27a "And the man bowed down his head, and worshipped the LORD. And he said Blessed be theLORD God of my master Abraham". Gen 24:52 "And it came to pass, that, when Abraham's servant heard their words, he worshipped the LORD, bowing himself to the earth".
It is time to give God all the glory! For who He is and for all His goodness. He is God and is worthy of all our Worship. Rev 15:3 & 4 "And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest."
Beloved, if we can only learn to worship God in everything we will see His glory! May God make this article a blessing to you!
God bless you!
S. R. Manohar